Saguaro Skies Famcamp
The Saguaro Skies FamCamp is a great place to reduce the high cost of vacations, weekend excursions, PCS moves, TDY, and leave travel. The whole family can enjoy the benefits of travel, sightseeing, and outdoor recreation while keeping expenses to a minimum.
Luke Air Force Base
Looking for a place to stay?
Call today for availability!
Arrivals & Visitor Passes
FamCamp is a great place to reduce the high cost of vacations, weekend excursions, PCS moves, TDY, and leave travel. The whole family can enjoy the benefits of travel, sightseeing, and outdoor recreation while keeping expenses to a minimum.
For Visitor Passes call the Lightning Gate Visitor’s Center: 623-856-4991/4993
The Saguaro Skies Famcamp is located in an amazing area close to major sports stadiums, fine dining, hiking, and much more.. Here is what we offer at our facility!
Cost / Site Info / Amenities
Nightly rate is $40; two adults and minor children (under 18) are authorized. More than two adults must be authorized by office and may incur additional fees.
- 61 sites total with 4 ADA (handicap plate or placard) sites. All sites are 10’ x 60’ (ADA sites 20’ x 60’)
- All sites are pull through and provide 20/30/50 amp, water, and sewer hookups.
- Free Laundry, showers in the restrooms, and Wi Fi in the lounge area.
Acceptable Camping Vehicles
- Class A, B, or C motorhome, conversion van, bus, or trailer, travel trailer, 5th wheel, trucks with campers, and pop-up campers. All vehicles must maintain their mechanical ability to be moved.
Registration / Length of Stay / ADA Sites
- Active Duty personnel can make a reservation up to 2 months in advance; all others eligible can make a reservation up to 1 month in advance
(example: calling 6 April for a reservation on 6 May).
- Reservations up to 30 days (refunds given) or extended stay of 90 days (very limited refunds given) are available. 61 sites total with 4 ADA sites. All sites are 10’ x 60’ (ADA sites 20’ x 60’).
- At the end of a 30-day stay, extensions are available up to 30 additional days and must be made on last day of stay, based upon availability and at FamCamp Manager’s discretion.
- For extended stays, 30 days prior to the last day you may opt to stay another 90 days, if available.
- Maximum stay is limited to 180 days in a 12 month period and may return after that time period has elapsed.
- Customers changing sites during their stay must check in with the office FIRST before moving.
- If you occupy spot 22, 23, 32, or 33 and don’t have a need for a spot designated for those with a handicap placard or designated handicapped plate, you may be required to relocate if a need for this type of spot is requested and verified
Park Rules / Information
- The speed limit in the FamCamp is 10 mph. Parking/driving is not allowed on site patios or gravel areas, however motorcycles and bicycles may be parked on the patio or rocks next to RV.
- FamCamp spaces are limited to one RV and vehicles that fit within the assigned concrete pad. Vehicle(s) will not be parked in adjoining spaces or on the asphalt. Additional parking is available on the gravel area at the South end of the park.
- Quiet hours are 2200 hours until 0600 hours. Generators cannot be run during this time.
- Sponsors are responsible for safe and proper conduct of themselves and their guests and will conduct themselves in a rational and professional manner. Guests will refrain from irrational and incoherent behavior to include profanity, threatening gestures, violence, etc. Please refer to the FamCamp office for assistance in resolution of any issues.
- As per Luke AFB policy, all bicyclists must wear a helmet. Please do not allow children to ride their bikes through the facility breezeway or through rocked landscape areas with flowering plants.
- Customers may not perform major maintenance or change oil on RVs in the FamCamp. Users may perform minor maintenance (for example, changing tires) provided the maintenance does not create an unsightly appearance.
- Power must be OFF when plugging/unplugging into site electrical boxes to avoid damage to equipment/RVs.
- If emergency repairs are needed, customers must notify the office in advance if they hire a repairman to come fix their RV (may need to sponsor them on base through South Gate Visitor’s Center). RVs may not be washed in the FamCamp but you may clean windows, windshields, etc.
- Customers will maintain their RV space in an acceptable standard of appearance at all times. RVs in FamCamp may not be skirted, although tire covers are permissible. All tires/wheels must remain on the RVs, however temporary removal for repair is acceptable. Freestanding storage units are not allowed. No clothes lines are allowed.
- Parking Spaces around FamCamp facilities are for employee and short-term parking only, i.e., 30 minutes or less.
- Customers will not alter/destroy any landscaping, remove rocks, plant any new plants, or tamper with the irrigation system. Please do not alter the water valve, sewer connection, electrical power utility station or remove the anti-siphon valve. Please consult the office for any issues.
- Vehicles must be in good running order and have current registration and insurance. All trailers must have a tow vehicle capable of moving it within 24 hours of request. Please place something underneath motor vehicles to catch fluid leaks.
- Please do not drive over or park on rock areas (accept gravel area at South end) especially in damp conditions as the soil is not compacted and doing so can create ruts and damage the irrigation water lines running throughout the FamCamp.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult in all FamCamp facilities. Children and adult should utilize walkways around FamCamp facilities. Please do not walk through non-site areas to avoid damaging plants.
- No soliciting or selling of merchandise is authorized in the FamCamp.
- Illegal possession or drug use governed by the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 or UCMJ is not permitted on Luke AFB.
- While staying at the FamCamp, all guests are required to abide by the Wing Mask Policy (available upon request) and wear a mask while inside facilities.
- Beware of local wild coyotes that come onto the base. ***Please do not feed coyotes or try to get close to them.
- Mail is delivered for assigned active duty personnel at the post office only (with post office box).
- Fed Ex, UPS, and Amazon Prime will deliver to your site if not handled by a third party (other than active duty).
- Use of gas fire pits, gas grills and grills with briquettes are authorized. Torch lights, tiki torches, wood camp fires, wood fire pits, or burning wood in grills is strictly prohibited.
Privately Owned Firearms
- To read about privately owned firearms, click HERE
- Maximum of two pets are allowed per site. You must have approval from office for additional pets.
- Dogs of any breed that display aggressive behavior may be banned from the FamCamp.
- Pet owners are required to immediately pick up their pet’s waste and dispose of it. Please utilize pet waste stations located at the North and South ends of the FamCamp.
- Pets outside must be on leashes and the leash must be no longer than six feet in length.
- Pets are not allowed in areas of other sites.
- Please do not leave pets unattended. Customers will not leave their campsite if pets are tethered outside.
- Pet owners must ensure their pets are not a nuisance or disturb other guests at the RV Park. This includes constant barking, howling, running loose, etc.
- Pets must have current immunizations with documentation provided if requested.
- Pets are not allowed in FamCamp facilities except for service animals.
- Pets will not be bathed in FamCamp facility showers or sinks.
- Feeding birds in the FAMCAMP is prohibited except for humming bird feeders.
- Temporary fencing approved by office must have a gate if it encloses the RV entry and can only occupy your space.
- There are no emergency facilities on Luke AFB. In case of an emergency please call 911.